Thursday, October 15, 2009

wow ,what a weekend!


Well it was 4 days of madness at Flapjacks , I can not remember it being so busy on the Thanksgivings Day weekend. All the hard work creating great customer relations and providing good home cooked meals ,and the monthly specials are paying off,especially in a time when many restaurants are complaining about poor customer turn out.. Everything went well for us on the weekend, I even cooked on Sunday which always makes me happy. Boy was I tiered at the end of it all , it took me 2 days just to recover.

Now that I have rejoined the land of the living I was asking myself "Now what kind of soup do I make, with not one but two turkey carcases". I had to make the turkey broth in two batches because they wouldn't all fit in one pot. I must say it took a long time, but once I could smell the fantastic aromas floating through the air I knew the end result was well worth it.

Alright I now have the delicious homemade turkey broth , but which soup do I make. Then it hits me, we always had Italian wedding soup at times of celebration. Still being in the holiday mood I think , that's it "stracitella soup" that's what we call it in Italian. It makes me think of the festivities and celebrating and make me feel all warm and tingly. This is the feeling I want to share with others, especially when it's getting so cold and gloomy outside. So come on over and enjoy a bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me your comments!